题图:来自豆瓣里的剧照
句子解析
If a robot could genuinely love a person, what responsibility does that person hold toward that Mecha in return?
如果这机器人真的能爱一个人,这个人对机器人又有什么责任?
If ... could
这是一个if引导的虚拟语句,表示一种假设、猜想。(其实严格来说,后面的助动词应该用would,但这里用了does,可能表达的是一种常识性的东西。)
Ifyoucouldcome, we would be pleased. 如果你能来,我们会很高兴。
Ifyoucouldgo back to college, what would you do? 如果你能够重新上一次大学,你会怎样过?
genuinely
副词,“真诚地,诚实地”,用来修饰一种程度。
The girl isgenuinelyfond of her older brother. 这个女孩非常喜欢她的哥哥。
I waited a long time until a script came along that I thought wasgenuinelyfunny. 我等了很长时间,直到出现了一个我认为真正有趣的剧本。
hold responsibility
意为“承担责任、履行责任”。
Hold responsibilityto your family. 对你的家庭履行责任。
I know what's right and wrong for myself, and Ihold responsibilityfor my own actions. 我知道什么是对什么是错,我会对自己的行为负责。
in return
副词短语,“作为回报”。
“Then can I have one answerin return?” he demanded. “那么,作为回报我要索取一个答案咯?”他要求道。
Can I buy lunch for youin returnfor your help? 感谢你的帮忙,我请你吃午饭好么?
对话原文
Professor: The word that I used was "love".
我用的字眼是“爱”
Professor:Love like the love of a child for its parents
就像是小孩对父母的爱
Professor: I propose that we build a robot child who can love
我提议研发能够爱的机器小孩
Professor: A robot child who will genuinely love the parent or parents itimprints\ɪm'prɪnt\on
他能对父母付出真挚的爱
Professor: with a love that will never end
永无止尽的爱
Audience: A child-substitute\'sʌbstɪtjuːt\Mecha?
取代小孩的机器人?
Professor: But a Mecha with a mind, withneuronal\'njʊrɑnl\feedback
一个有心智和情感的机器人
Professor: You see, what I'm suggesting is that love will be the key...
这份爱是一个关键
Professor: by which they acquire a kind ofsubconscious\sʌb'kɒnʃəs\never before achieved
他们将拥有前所未有的潜意识
Professor:An inner world ofmetaphor\'metəfə; -fɔː\, ofintuition\ɪntjʊ'ɪʃ(ə)n\.
充满暗喻 直觉
Professor:of self-motivated reasoning
及自发性推理力的内心世界
- of dreams. - A robot that dreams?
—还有梦 —会做梦的机器人?
- Yes. - How exactly do we pull this off?
—是的 —这怎么可能?
Woman: You know, it occurs to me...
我突然想到
Woman: with all thisanimus\'ænɪməs\existing against Mechas today
社会弥漫着仇视机器人的气氛
Woman: it isn't simply a question of creating a robot who can love
问题不是制造会爱的机器人
Woman: But isn't the realconundrum\kə'nʌndrəm\, can you get a human to love them back?
真正的问题是... 人类能不能爱他们?
Professor: Ours will be a perfect child caught in a freeze-frame...
这机器小孩会完美不变的
Professor: always loving, never ill, never changing
他的爱永无止境 历久弥坚
Professor: With all the childless couples yearning in vain for a license
对于没有小孩的夫妻来说
Professor: our little Mecha will not only open up a completely new market
这机器小孩不但能开发新市场
Professor: but it will fill a great human need
也能满足人类的需求
Woman: But you haven't answered my question
但是你没回答我的问题
Woman:If a robot could genuinely love a persion
如果这机器人真的能爱一个人
Woman:what responsibility does that persion hold toward that Macha in return?
这个人对机器人 又有什么责任?
Woman:It's amoral\'mɒr(ə)l\question, isn't it?
这是道德问题 对吧?
对话视频
垫乐
John Williams - The Reunion
更多节目
领取专属 10元无门槛券
私享最新 技术干货