December 6, 2017– Honeywell released a new study showing industrial companies are not moving quickly to adopt cyber security measures to protect their data and operations, even as attacks have increased around the globe.
The survey – Putting Industrial Cyber Security at the Top of the CEO Agenda – was conducted by LNS Research and sponsored by Honeywell. It polled 130 strategic decision makers from industrial companies about their approach to the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), and their use of industrial cyber security technologies and practices. Among the findings were:
这项名叫“将工业网络安全放到首席执行官议程首位” 的调查，由LNS Research负责、霍尼韦尔资助。它调查了130家工业企业的战略决策者对工业物联网（IIoT）的方法，以及他们使用工业网络安全技术和实践情况。结果显示：
• More than half of respondents reported working in an industrial facility that already has had a cyber security breach.
• 45% of the responding companies still do not have an accountable enterprise leader for cyber security.
• Only 37% are monitoring for suspicious behavior.
• Although many companies are conducting regular risk assessments, 20% are not doing them at all.
“Decision makers are more aware of threats and some progress has been made to address them, but this report reinforces that cyber security fundamentals haven’t been adopted by a significant portion of the industrial community,” said Jeff Zindel, vice president and general manager, Honeywell Industrial Cyber Security. “In order to take advantage of the tremendous benefits of industrial digital transformation and IIoT, companies must improve their cyber security defenses and adapt to the heightened threat landscape now.”
“尽管决策者更加意识到威胁，并且已经取得了一些进展，但这份报告显示网络安全基础还没有被大部分工业企业采用，” 霍尼韦尔工业网络安全副总裁兼总经理Jeff Zindel说道。 “为了充分享受工业数字化转型和工业物联网带来的巨大收益，企业必须提高网络安全防御能力，适应当前的威胁形势。”
The study suggests these three immediate actions for any industrial organization to capture the value of the new technologies:
1. Making industrial cyber security part of digital transformation strategies;
2. Driving best practice adoption across people, processes and technology, from access controls to risk monitoring, and tap external cyber expertise to fill gaps
3. Focusing on empowering leaders and building an organizational structure that breaks down the silos between IT and OT.
“Cyber security needs to be part of every CEO’s agenda to ensure the effective, immediate and long-term deployment of strategies and technologies such as IIoT,” said Matthew Littlefield, president and principal analyst, LNS Research. “In short, in order for a business to succeed on its digital transformation journey, it needs to succeed with industrial cyber security.”
LNS Research总裁兼首席分析师Matthew Littlefield表示：“网络安全需要成为每一位CEO议程中的一部分，以确保工业物联网等战略和技术的有效、即时和长期部署。总而言之，要使企业在数字化转型道路上获得成功，就需要在工业网络安全方面取得成功。”
LNS Research is a researcher and advisor for digital transformation of industry, delivering technology insights for business executives. Its analysts focus on identifying the metrics, leadership, business process, and technology capabilities effecting change.
Honeywell’s industrial cyber security technologies and expertise are designed to address many of the issues identified in the LNS Research study.